Friday 6 January 2012

The First Blog From The Best Guy

Hi everybody, welcome to my first blog! I've set this up so that I can regularly post some insights and ramblings behind the videos that I post on YouTube. Hopefully you'll find that interesting in some way. Probably not as interesting as Ghostface "Cocaine Biceps" Killah's blog, but hopefully interesting enough to add something extra to the videos (if you liked them in the first place).

Anyways, let's take a look at Enviro-Bear 2000. I had to record this about 4 different times, no lie. I sat down thinking that it would only take me one try, but the first take I recorded was just horrible. I hadn't played in a while and couldn't grip the wheel or gear shift properly, as it's kinda awkward to begin with. At points I was spending like a solid minute pleading with my mouse (vocally) to help me to just grip the fucking gearshift. My son also decided that he was hungry and started crying, so that would have taken me hours to edit out and adjust the audio.

The second attempt was slightly better, but I died on the first level because I couldn't find a cave to hibernate in. If you haven't played Enviro-Bear 2000 or rage quit before seeing how you actually get Game Over, basically your car starts to slowly fill up with massive snowballs until you can't do anything and you just die there, alone in your car. Your car that you drove.... as a bear.

Third attempt was a bit better, but Enviro-Bear 2000 as you know is just crazy, and for some reason there were just too many badgers that attempt. I mean basically there was a badger in my car almost full-time every level it seemed, and despite my best efforts I could not throw him out of the car. Any time I tried to explain anything or talk about anything I'd just have to cut short and scream in anger at the badger. He'd pop in from off the screen at really inconvenient moments as well which often wrecked anything I was trying to say.

Finally, attempt 4 was recorded from start to finish and some random background noises from my house were edited out. I was pretty happy with the result however for some reason after editing and rendering the video the audio seemed completely out of balance, something I hadn't noticed when I double-checked the video before posting it to YouTube.

So there you go, some really insightful shit into how I made a crappy video about Enviro-Bear 2000! I'll probably write some more of these if there's enough interest in them so let me know.

12 comments:

  1. Very awesome! Loved reading this, a great idea, I look forward to more ^^
    Leaving a comment 'cause I don't see any other way of expressing my support xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all of this with your voice echoing in my head and it was amazing. It would be great if you kinda took over the Y0GP0D or did a Sipspod, so I could just press a button and Sips would come out. It would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best insight into the 'behind the scenes' of the Best Guy! Keep doing this :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Sips, long time listener, first time poster. love the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop blogging over the cut-scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see you gaining popularity! I couldn't help but feel proud when Lewis was expressing surprise for you having amassed a large amount of subscribers, knowing that I was one of them. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you Sips! Also, is there anyway to gift you a game to play as a show of support? You seem to have a hidden profile on Steam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the rage would be too much for me to handle in this game, fun watchin it though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see the highlights from these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree that some sort of highlight or out-takes reel should be posted...not that we find your raging funny or anything...we're not that sadistic.
    Or are we?
    Amos

    ReplyDelete
  11. JARAXXUS WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE OF THESE! I COMMAND YOU!

    ReplyDelete